On Wednesday, May 6th at 11:00am Pacific, Deej (Bungie Community Manager) hosted a livestream straight from the studio with Matt Sammons (Bungie Lead Designer), along with community member ProfessorBroman. They played a brand new co-op Arena activity set in the Prison of Elders, where teams of three players can take on waves of increasingly difficult enemies to earn high-level legendary and exotic rewards.
During the livestream Deej, Matt and ProfessorBroman revealed details about Prison of Elders including:
- The Prison of Elders is a three-player co-op endgame activity, which has a matchmade and non-matchmade version that players of all skill levels will enjoy.
- The Prison of Elders will see players fight waves of increasingly difficult hive, fallen, vex and cabal, whilst being tasked with secondary objectives.
- The standard Prison of Elders is a level 28 activity which is randomly matchmade, and features five rounds of play where all modifiers and arenas are random.
- The level 28 matchmade Prison of Elders activity can be played at any time, and can be repeated as often as the player would like.
- For high levels players, the Prison of Elders also offers non-matchmade challenge modes at level 32, level 34 and level 35 (above the level 34 cap), which require a pre-made fireteam to take on higher difficulty challenges with even greater rewards.
- These higher level challenge modes will run on the weekly reset, and will feature specifically assigned arenas, modifiers and objectives that will rotate each week.
- Level 32 and level 34 challenges have five rounds, and the level 35 challenge has a sixth round.
- The Prison of Elders will offer exotic and legendary gear, and some of those weapons and armour pieces will be available exclusively in this mode.
- The Prison of Elders is only available to House of Wolves owners.
You can access the full livestream here: http://www.twitch.tv/
Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves, launches on Tuesday, May 19th.